In this article, I am going to be talking about some very interesting facts about the great Galleria Vittorio Emanuele. Firstly, you need to keep in mind that it happens to be one of the most marvellous locations in Milan and it is also the oldest active shopping mall in all of Italy. In this article, you will also be able to discover the fun and also some very interesting facts about this place. It is a must-see attractions, if you are planning to visit the second-largest city in the entire country.
- It is famously located right next to the most famous landmark in Milan. Like I mentioned above, it happens to be one of the most remarkable locations and landmarks in the city of Milan. It is really located right next to the most popular location/landmark all of Milan, the Piazza Del Duomo.
- This is the magnificent square that is also home to the Milan Cathedral, and it is one of the most beautiful and astounding churches in the entire world.
- You should understand the historical significance of this particular church. It is extraordinarily beautiful. It also means that it is located in the historical heart of the city and you will have access to all of it.
- But that is not all I’m going to be talking about; on the other side of the Galleria, you also have access to the Piazza Della Scala. Sure you can find another beautiful landmark of Milan.
- You should also know that the main entrance to the gallery is actually a monument at self. The main entrance is located on the Piazza del Duomo and takes the same of the monumental arch. The very scale of this magnificent arch entrance would easily turn this into one of the most famous landmarks in the entire city itself.
- The arch actually has a width of 14.5 m, and it also reaches a total height of 38.5 m. The Galleria consists of four floors and even a double arcade.
- This place was actually named after one of the most important men in the history of Italy. The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele was named after Victor Emanuel the II, the man who actually became the first king of a unified Italy on 17th March, 1861.
- He was actually the first king to rain all over Italy, since the sixth century, making him a very important figure in the history of the country. He even gave himself the title of “Father of the Fatherland”, just like the Roman emperors did, before him in ancient Rome.
- This beautiful gallery was actually completed in the 1870s, which means, it has been up for more than 150 years.
- The design of this shopping arcade was actually completed in the year 1861.
Some Facts About The Great Galleria Vittorio Emanuele